Today was my first day of completing my Deep Work challenge for July. Here’s what I did with my time:
Two Hours of Painting from 9-11am:
I spent 1.17 hours finishing up this illustration for my children’s book project:
And .63 hours finishing up this illustration, for the same children’s book project:
5 minutes adding another layer to this commissioned galaxy:
I spent the remaining 7 minutes prepping the paper and board for my next commissioned painting that I’ll be starting sometime this week.
Two Hours of Writing/Reading from 2-4pm:
- Wrote for 1 hour on an essay about how minimalism has affected my art-making: 1949 words total.
- Read Writer’s and Their Notebooks pg. 62-87 for 35 minutes + Drawing from Life for 10 minutes taking these notes:
- journaling Skillshare class?
- an industry for creating inspiration rather than just finished pieces
- teach how to find your own inspiration
- how am I inspired to action?
- start every journal entry with a sentence I’ve never written before
- look up Denyse Schmidt quilts
It was a great first day and I look forward to continuing tomorrow!