2016 was definitely a whirlwind of art-making. It was my first full year as a full-time artist and I just fell more in love with this life. I have no regrets about quitting my job and living a bit more frugal to make this happen. Also huge shout out to my husband for his constant support of this dream, even though we had to make sacrifices.
It was frustrating and painful sometimes, as I found my style and learned what does and doesn’t work for creating art regularly, but it was also a year of victory and of dreaming big. I’m so excited for 2017 and dreaming even bigger.
What I loved in 2016:
- The 100 day art project. I grew and cried and worked through the discipline and I am now no longer afraid of painting flowers. Read about this project here.
- Actually keeping a sketchbook.
- Connecting with a huge, caring artist community on Instagram and feeling like there is a place for me. I do fit in somewhere.
- Completing FIVE 12 Hour Art Projects. Crazy.
- A fun Inktober month.
What I’m looking forward to in 2017:
- More focus on the business side of this business. Because I am a business. I have to keep reminding myself.
- Adding more videos to my art Youtube channel, as well as overcoming my fear of being in front of the camera.
- Teaching some watercolor and art journaling workshops! Stay tuned for those announcements. To get in as a friend, follow me on Instagram or subscribe to this blog. 🙂
- Opening up a Patreon account. HUGE announcement when that happens.
- Just continuing to enjoy making art and sharing it with the world. I’m just overwhelmed and so blessed to be able to do this with my life right now and all I want is to bless someone else.
Thanks for following along on this crazy journey of mine. I have a million more goals and hopes for this year but I didn’t want to drown you. Please subscribe to get updates on things in your inbox and go read my goals blog post if you want to see my strategy for setting goals this year.